Search Engine Displays Old Website!!!

zapper13

Hey guys...i currently revamped my website and have already published it...however when i search it on google, the descriptions, page title and the urls displayed are those of the old site...what can i do to renew the searches???...the url of my site is www.kimhoe.com but when i search kim hoe, results of the old sites are shown but not the new one...am using yahoo web hosting...pls help me

oh what i mean is the details of the old website are appearing on search engines rather than the new ones....for example the new pages that i had setup, they do not have any descriptions but just meta tags...but when u search on google for kimhoe, the descriptions of the old web pages are shown and some of the links to the old pages are still shown even though they already do not exist...the only similar page from my previous website is www.kimhoe.com which is the index page...is it true that the search engines will take quite a while for my new site to be registered in their database?

oh what i mean is the details of the old website are appearing on search engines rather than the new ones....for example the new pages that i had setup, they do not have any descriptions but just meta tags...but when u search on google for kimhoe, the descriptions of the old web pages are shown and some of the links to the old pages are still shown even though they already do not exist...the only similar page from my previous website is www.kimhoe.com which is the index page...is it true that the search engines will take quite a while for my new site to be registered in their database?

Yes, like TheFilmGod said, it takes time for the search engines to crawl and index your site again.  I mean, there are probably billions of websites updated everyday.

I'm a bit annoyed you blatantly ignored my post. I think my post clearly described WHY your site's details weren't getting updated in google.

Since we're already on the subject of google - Google provides users the ability to search for something - search for an answer to a question. You have a question. Search it on google.

It's pretty hilarious how easy it would have been for you to search for "new website details not updated in google." You'd get 100,000 search results. One is bound to provide a better answer than I or anyone else on this website could. My 2 cents. 

oh and one more thing...for example my company is based in Singapore and i will like my website to appear if i search for it using Google.com.Sg...how can i go about doing it...because currently it appears when i search for it using google.com but not google.com.sg...i will like it to appear for both

oh and one more thing...for example my company is based in Singapore and i will like my website to appear if i search for it using Google.com.Sg...how can i go about doing it...because currently it appears when i search for it using google.com but not google.com.sg...i will like it to appear for both

Is your website's domain end with "sg." That is extremely important. There might be a preference you can change in the webmasters' tools created by google. It's one of those services google provides webmasters with, similar to adsense and adwords.

oh my website is actually just www.kimhoe.com without the sg...will this affect the search results?...can i still filter my website so that it appears in sg searches?...oh i have checked out the google webmaster tool and it works but what about yahoo?...thanks filmgod for the tip on google

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.