Becoming A Reseller, Is It Worth It?

phprocker

My main advice would be:

Do you actually know how to do it and do it right, or do you just think it sounds like fun?

Also, it's kind of a broad question.  I'm sure it was worth it for the founder of Godaddy, but as with all fields, lots of hosts/domain resellers have crashed and burned.

A reseller meaning you will be selling someone else's service right?

Don't see why not, but why would someone use you when they can probably go to the source and get it cheaper?

Big firms usually offer their own reseller program, and they pay you for referrals, I'd do that instead, easier and the service/support is on them and not you.

Not worth it. I have a reseller account and it is a pain to maintain and keep up with the customers etc. That and you have to charge enough to get back what you paid, and a lot of times it is tough to fill that demand. Especially with the free/cheap hosts out there.

That is my opinion.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.