Regular expression

sandy1028

When using preg_match_all, it will always be stored into a multidimensional array. So long as you know which part of the array to access, it shouldn't be problematic.. so in this case, if you know you have use what is in $matches[1], then simply utilize that part of the array (ignoring the rest).

You could simply use a foreach loop on $matches[1] and store this into a new one dimensional array:

preg_match_all("#<ite>(.*?)(?=</ite>)#",$string,$matches);
$matchedInfo = array(); // this will be your new one dimensional array
foreach($matches[1] as $key => $val){
$matchedInfo[$key] = $val;
echo $matchedInfo[$key] . "<br />\n";
}

www.aaa.com/ - 3k

How to extract only www.aaa.com using regular expressions.

If your output is www.aaa.com/ and you just want www.aaa.com simply use substr...

$url = substr($url, 0, (strlen($url) - 1));

Should chop off the last character for you.

You could simply use a foreach loop on $matches[1] and store this into a new one dimensional array:

}

Or you could just do $matchedInfo = $matches[1]. That would be easier :P

}

Or you could just do $matchedInfo = $matches[1]. That would be easier :P

Indeed, hence:

So long as you know which part of the array to access, it shouldn't be problematic.. so in this case, if you know you have use what is in $matches[1], then simply utilize that part of the array (ignoring the rest).

I figured the $matches[1] was self explanatory (perhaps not?)... I suggested the alternative in case the OP still wasn't comfortable with dealing with even part of a multi-dimensional array (it wouldn't be the path I would take, as I understand how to access $matches[1].. but yeah, perhaps I should have actually given the $matchedInfo = $matches[1] sample as you have done, and if that was still not comfortable enough for the OP, then move to plan b. My bad.

P.S didn't even know about the [tt] tag... Heh... learn something new every day. (tt= tinytext?)

Hehe.. yeah, you don't want that purple monster coming at you.. he may look harmless, but given his raw mass (and lack of ability to feel pain because he's always god damn happy), he'll mess you up.

I'm looking over at the Simple Machines website on bbc tags (as I really am curious which ones actually exist). If I'm not mistaken, [m]..[/m] is a phpfreaks custom built one (correct?), but is there any additional ones not from SM?

P.S Yeah, just saw the tt in the list:

[tt]text[/tt] Formats enclosed text in teletype format.

I figured it was a custom tag, but could have simply looked it up  :-\

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.