[SOLVED] How can I test in Google Chrome?

Maracles

I use a couple of programs for developing my website; Dreamweaver CS3 and Notepad++.

However whenever I try to set the default testing browser to Chrome  in either program, it downloads a file rather than displaying the page, even when I type the full local file path into the Chrome browser it downloads the file rather than display the page.

I have found a round about way of manually displaying the pages in Chrome but was wondering if I can get the browser default to work?

Sorry that this is directly PHP code related :-S

I do have a web server installed (I think) are you referring to programs such as XAMPP? This is what I have installed.

I should have clarified that this is only for pages requiring server-side code i.e. php pages, I can get .html pages to display.

Do I need to congiure XAMPP specifically to work in chrome?

Thanks guys, that is actually what I have been doing so far. I think I was just being really lazy and wanted to be able to press F12 in Dreamweaver rather than refresh the page!

As you can probably tell I'm just starting out, currently struggling to wrap my head around learning 'functions' :-s!

As you can probably tell I'm just starting out, currently struggling to wrap my head around learning 'functions' :-s!

You can imagine functions as mini-programs within your program that are readily executable at any time. You can pass information to these via arguments and you can return information back from that function. A function can also have what's called a side-effect, which could be things like printing output to the screen, creating a file, etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.