What should I do?

Gighalen

A few months ago, I registered the domain www.officepixels.com with the intentions of starting a $1/pixel advertising site.

I've since then learned that it isn't as easy as it looks.

What should I do with the domain? I was thinking about starting a image hosting site, but IDK.

Any suggestions?

A few months ago, I registered the domain www.officepixels.com with the intentions of starting a $1/pixel advertising site.

Sounds like the million dollar homepage to me :P

Maybe a website where people upload pics of their workplace.

Or perhaps a virtual office based mmorpg game. Kind of Habbo Hotel looking characters (pixels) and you have to compete for job promotions and get work done. That would be hard to make but I'd probably play it. I wish the sims had more of a business-like twist. I don't want to micro manage my characters eating and cleaning schedule, I want to control its career. Maybe its just me though.

Or maybe you could have a Bingo like game where people pay 5 cents to get a pixel co-ordinate and once so many are bought a random one is selected and the person wins a prize. At 5 cents a pixel, an array of 800 by 800 pixels sold would still be $32000, more than enough to pay for whatever the prize is and pocket money.

Why am I giving away these ideas again? I better see a cheque if anything like these make a money on that domain lol. I'll keep an eye on it :P

I don't understand what this means. So someone pays you for pixels? I don't get it.

I think its similar to this concept (you pay for a chunk of pixel grid space to place your company's logo for instance). Sorry to the mods/admin, not trying to 'advertise' that link's service or anything.. just for illustrative purposes.

I don't understand what this means. So someone pays you for pixels? I don't get it.

I think its similar to this concept (you pay for a chunk of pixel grid space to place your company's logo for instance). Sorry to the mods/admin, not trying to 'advertise' that link's service or anything.. just for illustrative purposes.

Haha, just don't do it as bad as them:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'castore@208.109.138.42' (Using password: YES) in /home/content/c/b/a/cbarr221/html/ezban/config.php(135) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 6

Those sites depend on 2 things:

1) the domain name being so good/kickass/common that random people tend to find it on their own

2) companies being gullible enough to think hey yah this is stupid, but can we afford NOT to do it? Works especially well the better #1 is and if said company has competitors listed

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.