Caution: May Cause Harm To Eyes

mike12255

So, im attempting to create a side website to genterate revenue from ads but i am no artist and i always make very poor looking designs as you can see below the color scheme is not the best. Im looking for color ideas for the header nav bar and content area if anyone has any, thanks.

issue.gif

I'm sorry, but I think you need to scratch that and come up with a brand new design.  The puke green is not attractive whatsoever, and the color scheme is just not a good pick.  Why is there a TV?

its going to be a video tutorial site

Gotcha.  I mean the header text looks fine if you have it one color with the addition of a few simple effects.  The 'Fast', 'Free', and 'Quality' list should go in the main container of the page somewhere.  I understand the correlation between the TV and video tutorials, but you don't watch tutorials on your TV, do you?  Looks out of place anyway.  Check out some other tutorial sites and see how they designed their site.  Remember, all of my comments are subjective and just my opinion.

So, im attempting to create a side website to genterate revenue from ads

I wouldn't start thinking about this until you're attracting a large amount of traffic.

As said above, I'd scrap the design. For a video tutorial site I'd go with a more spacious, simplistic kind of look. Also, apart from it being a TV, if you were to use an image like that I'd use a much sharper, better quality image and not tack on the quite tacky "TOD" logo. Also what happens when the site isn't BETA anymore? Would just be a TV.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.