[SOLVED] Layout is mucked up

scottjcampbell

Hi, my website has mucked up strangely, but i dont know why?

It only seems to do it when i insert the flash logo, without it, it works fine.

I can't really explain it, so i will just give the link and hope you understand: http://trophygames.co.uk/?action=game

(Ignore the error about the game, its just because the site isnt ready)

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS!

Maybe start off by putting the whole top image with the rounded corners in the background of your UL. Then remove the li class"left", which isn't doing what you want it to and causing problems.

I'm not sure why you choose to use a width of 100% or slice up your bg images to place in your links... I would seek an alternative to putting your navigation links in your list with background images. Setup header, content and footer divs, and it will be a lot easier to control and place your navigation list as well as everything else.

First of all, where's your first <html> tag? ...

I suggest that you add text/css as your type for your style tags.  How is the browser supposed to know what styles you're going to put in there?

Since you're already using CSS, make your heights and widths in your CSS instead of adding to your tags like <div height="...">

One of your input tags isn't closed.

What browser(s) are you having trouble with?

It works fine for me on ie, opera, and chrome.  Firefox is the one displaying your webpage jumbled.

Styles are supposed to go in the head, not the body.

Why do you have a <div id="idName"> and a <div class="className"> both opening and closing at the same time? ... it seems a bit pointless ...

Also, have you checked Z-indexes and their compatibility with Firefox?

Properly nest your code to make it readable and easier to troubleshoot. (i.e. find where a div starts/ends).

You're being way too redundant with your code at times.  Div's ARE block elements, so you don't need to display them as blocks every single time.  If you even needed to do that, simply doing div{display: block;} would suffice.

Heights and widths should default to 100%.

Also, try using a strict doctype and see what changes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.