Troublesome footer (+ spacing problem)

selbekk

Hey there,

Please look at the site http://sweetwater.no/test/grav/index_v2.html (css: http://sweetwater.no/test/grav/styles_v2.css

when you view the site on a larger monitor, or make the text size smaller (i'm on safari 4), the footer expands, instead of being tiny and cute, as it should be.

Now, I've tried a few different methods, but what I want is that the footer is a fixed size, and expands horizontally over the entire page. Pretty much how it looks like when the browser window fits right around the site (but with more space between the content and footer divs).

Also, if you can please tell me why a horizontal scroll bar is being shown before the content div is encountered, I'd love it!

Kris

www.sweetwater.no

TheFilmGod - I wasn't the responsible coder on that project, so I can't really give you a straight answer on that one.. (I presume you mean www.sweetwater.no).

but yeah, what I want is that the footer expands horizontally, but keeps a fixed height, and sticks to the bottom of the page when the page is viewed on a larger screen.. if you look at these screen caps, you'll understand a bit better:

What I want (and I got, when the resolution is small enough or the text size is large enough):

Bilde1-12.jpg

What I got when the text size is reduced or the resolution gets larger:

Bilde2-7.jpg

What I get when I reduce the window size horizontally / width wise (notice the hor. scrollbar):

Bilde3-6.jpg

I want the scrollbar to go away and the footer to stay the height it's in the top picture, but located at the bottom. Anyone?

The scrollbar is a result of the contents of the footer being wider than the screen resolution. You have a 228px image with a 10px righ margin, then a 500 px wide span beside the image with a 31px left margin, and the containing div has 50px of padding on either side. This adds up to a total of 969px, which will exceed some monitor's widths.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.