Two computers

The Little Guy

I heard that there was a software where you could connect to computers together (doesn't matter if they are two different operating systems) and you can drag and drop files from one computer to another, as if they were one computer. I would also be able to use one mouse on each computer screen (I think).

Does anyone know of this software?

I heard that there was a software where you could connect to computers together (doesn't matter if they are two different operating systems) and you can drag and drop files from one computer to another, as if they were one computer. I would also be able to use one mouse on each computer screen (I think).

Does anyone know of this software?

Two different operating systems? Sounds a lot like an april fool's joke, because quite honestly, how would a program work on a windows/mac flawlessly together? ... All with one mouse?

Are you thinking of Synergy? It doesn't allow you to copy/move files between machines, but it does allow you to use one mouse and keyboard for multiple machines, as well as sharing a clipboard.

I have a MacBook and a Vista Laptop either side of my main development machine (Ubuntu) with synergy installed on all of them. I use one mouse and keyboard to control all of them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.