Got A Free Server :(

seventheyejosh

So I was given a free server :)

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Compaq%20ProLiant%201500%20Server:1990708735

It is a Compaq Proliant 1500 :|

And I cannot seem to get it to install any OS from the CD drive :(

I've messed with boot order, etc, but to no avail.

So does anyone know either, any tricks to forcing it to boot from CD, or know where I can find floppy disks with a decent server OS this day in age? :'(

Thanks, to anyone who cares :o

I tried a fresh burned ubuntu server, and a fresh burned ubuntu desktop. I can boot to both in my windows machine. I've set the boot order to :

E : Cd Drive  C : SCSI's  A : Floppy

The only error is a bad CMOS, and if i try chucking in the extra ram the guy gave me, it just says the ram is the wrong size. I can't even get it to boot to the disc. And if I choose install OS from the bios, weather I choose unix or 'other', it just tells me to put the floppy in the a drive, then hit ok to reset the power supply.

Proliants are weird with that. I have a 3000. Does it have an OS on it? I had to format before it would see the disc at all. Unless it's the smart start cd it came with it wouldn't boot to the disc with an os already installed. I switched mine from windows server to netbsd and never touched it again lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.