SPEED Freaks!

I'm loving this idea. I'd like to be the first official poster on this new section/board.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 4 queries.

Top that someone!

Here could be a second post:

Wow, people, did you know that FF N can make your browser X times faster!? (Where X is a ridiculously large number regarding the speed of a browser and N is their newest version of FF.)

I think you are onto something, Sir Dreamwest.

HA! Youve got the comedic/sarcastic touch - I lov it!

But its not just about generation theres a whole level to website speed

Even if i could get your page generation time down from 0.019 seconds to 0.0019 seconds - that would  get me mentally randy :P

We wouldnt just cover generation time but also ACTUAL finishing time it takes to download a page from  a website

HA! Youve got the comedic/sarcastic touch - I lov it!

But its not just about generation theres a whole level to website speed

Even if i could get your page generation time down from 0.019 seconds to 0.0019 seconds - that would  get me mentally randy :P

We wouldnt just cover generation time but also ACTUAL finishing time it takes to download a page from  a website

Yeah, well I can download from one website (With LAN connection, thats how fast my internetz is) at about 20 MB a second.

So what we cover:

Time for a server to process a page.

Time to download an internet page.

Discussions on how to improve ones speed.

Honestly though, this is the 202nd decade. Everything loads instantly for me and plenty of other people and there is not really anything you can do besides move to a city with a dense population of servers (Lower ping) and getting a faster internet connection.

I just don't see what topics we could really get across besides the ability to brag or discuss browsers.

I very much doubt there will be enough posts of this nature to justify a dedicated board. I'd imagine the Application Design board would be more suitable to the theory questions, and the PHP Help board for code re-factoring questions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.