Transfer Complete Auction Site to Run on Localhost

Modernvox

Hi guys, I have been holding this off for a couple weeks seeing that every time I try to upload my auction site files using filezilla it wants to take like 2 hours? The total size is 82mb. Even if i did want to wait the upload always freezes up?

Can I upload it zipped or no?

If so, How would I open it after?

If not, Is there a better way??

Finally, if your interested in a copy of this script feel free to pm me and I will give you access to download it in it's entirety from http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=999

Thanks You!

Well then upload it in batches of 100 or 500. Personally, if I were you, I'd write a script on my local computer to list all 30,000 files, store them in a datbase, then connect to the server via ftp and upload them one by one and mark them off in the database. If it crashes, your PHP script automatically starts where you left off

I'm actually confused. Any file made in windows is always 4KB and at 30000 files would be 117 MB. Seems like it should be more than 82 MB.

EDIT: But I guess the first question to ask, is how can there be 30000 files? Even 3000, or just 300 is pretty ridiculous. Honestly, I can't possibly think what they are doing.

Errr....  Any file on Windows is at least 4KB?  Do you mean due to file system over head?  Because I don't think filesystem overhead for 1 file would be 4KB.

Create a text document or image or whatever. Make sure there is atleast 1 byte within it. Right click that item. Go to properties. Look at the "Size on disk". It'll be 4096 bytes, and then "Actual size" will be 1 byte.

Create a text document or image or whatever. Make sure there is atleast 1 byte within it. Right click that item. Go to properties. Look at the "Size on disk". It'll be 4096 bytes, and then "Actual size" will be 1 byte.

Still, the actual number of bytes to send is the 'actual size' number. (Actually it's different due to communication protocol, but that's yet another thing).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.