2500th post

gizmola

:thumb-up:

Well, this is my 2500th post (again), at phpfreaks. 

In the many board reshuffles, I lost a good 1000 or so posts, but heck who's counting?

If anyone wants to buy me some beers, I'm very willing to drink them.  My answers are so much more creative when I have had a six pack ;)

Paypal your cash to gizmo (AT) gizmola (DOT) (COM)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

what happen to the post counts I dont see them next to the names anymore?

I believe the board was modified to remove them for normal members, because they encouraged post count farming.  You'd have to ask Daniel about that, since I think he implemented the mod.  I am able to see the post counts :P

Pfft... thorpe is nearing 20k ;)

Anyways, post counts were removed from topic view so newcomers wouldn't get the impression that people with higher post counts are more knowledgeable than people with less, and to get people to stop focusing less on post counts and more on posting good stuff and being part of the community.

You can still see the top 10 list under stats, you can see anyones post count in their profile and I also think they're still visible in PM view.

Pfft... thorpe is nearing 20k

Yeah, but most of those are me telling people to rtfm.

Its nice to see your committed gizmola, job well done.

Thanks Thorpe, although Daniel is right in that next to you, I'm a piker.  I also am not above firing off a thinly veiled RTFM.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.