Displaying Information and Logging in?

DarrenReeder

With PHP/MYSQL i have made a form so you can register and it puts your information into the database.

I need to make a login box which i think i can half do, I need to use a input box and see if it exist which im pretty sure i can do but i dont know how i set the browser to know that ive logged in, if that makes sense?

Also my second question is how do i display data from mysql database onto the screen so its like:

Name: 'mysql info'

First question: use sessions

Second question: You write Name: as string and echo mysql if no right after it

Its really easy to google some tutorials about this

you answered just as i solved it :P...the 'sessions' shall i search on google for 'php/mysql sessions' for some tutorials? i didnt work this bit out

As defined by google:

In information technology, header refers to supplemental data placed at the beginning of a block of data being stored or transmitted. In data transmission, the data following the header are sometimes called the payload or body.

So it is the initial data that is sent to the browser, after data is sent this initial block is locked, so you have to send all your headers before any output is sent to the client, because after that you are on the body of the document, thus it will cause an error. I hope that I explained it correctly, if not anyone can feel free to correct me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.