15+ amazing anti IE resources

nrg_alpha

I actually use IE8 quite often although I usually have Firefox open at the same time. I don't think it's so bad. If your a designer doing CSS stuff then I guess it's a pain in the arse as I know from our designer here, but i'm a developer so I couldn't give a monkeys!

IE8 is pretty good in comparison to previous releases, I very rarely have to tweak CSS to work specifically with IE8. However I do with IE7, but no where near as much as I used to with IE6, I pretty much used to have a separate ie6.css file to overwrite the majority of the CSS that catered to every other browser...

Anti Explorer is a small piece of code you can place in your site's HTML which stops Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE / Explorer) from rendering your page. Along-side this, a notification alerts the user he / she is using MSIE and prompts him / her to download Firefox instead.

We've all been there. We design our site with Internet Explorer in mind, only to find we have to resort to numerous hacks and complicated code to get our site looking like it should in MSIE. Numerous Web Citizens have written hacks and workarounds for MSIE, only to be dismayed at all the extra effort they had to put in to get their designs cross-compatible with MSIE.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ban hammer is a large mother fucker admins can use on their web sites which stops spammers from filling up your site with crap. Along-side this, a notification alerts the spammer that he /she has been disbarred from entering the website and informs the user to GTFO instead.

We've all been there. We open up our website with legitimate users in mind, only to find the spamming low-life is entering it as well. Numerous Web Citizens have tried to get rid of the spammers only to be dismayed at all the extra effort they had to put into get their websites clean from spam.

The Ban Hammer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.