Hyperlink in template file

raydona

Hi,

I wish to create about 200 web pages (html) files. Each file will have a hyperlink (<a href="http://......) to another site. Normally you would place the hyperlink in the html file. But if I had to change the address to a different site I do not fancy going through each and every file changing the hyperlink. Is there any way I can place the hyperlink in a CSS file so that if the

address changes I would have to just alter it once in the template CSS file and it would alter the address in all the html files. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have PHP on the server?

If so you can link all the CSS to a PHP script and use header's / ( file_get_contents or cURL) to grab the css from the remote site and output that CSS.

If you do not have PHP on the server, I hardly doubt that without some form of a server side scripting language this would be possible (unless you use server side includes SSI).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.