Blue Screen of Death with various Wamp servers

francisexpress

Hi,

I have MS WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, VERSION 2002, SP3, ON A NOTEBOOK ATOM N270 - 160GHZ, and 1GB RAM.

That said, I have to say I'm having a strange problem which, I think, might be conected with my system configuration/OS.

I've tried all the Wamp servers you can imagine: Wamp, Xampp; Uniserver, usbwebserver, etc.., with different php versions. But with all of them I get this error:

When I'm browsing on my localhost, weather it might be phpmyadmin, or a webpage of mine (like joomla), I suddently get a blue screen of death. It is not always...it is on unexpected moments... Sometimes it happens as soon as I log into phpmyadmin, sometimes when I create a new db, sometimes when I'm browsing my local joomla webpages, etc...

Does any of you guys have any idea about what could be happening here?

Many thanks in advance,

Francis

I have never used HOME edition, but it could be that the HOME edition does not like servers being on it. I know that you cannot install IIS on HOME because it is the home edition and they want you to pay more for that functionality. I may be wrong since you are trying to install Apache, but I bet that is where your problem lies.

Either what or you have an unknown driver and you need to find the right driver software for it and get that fixed. Next time it BSoD's write down that the error was, specifically the type of error and the file causing the error as that may help.

Hi,

MANY THANKS for answering my post...

Hi think it maybe is the home edition making someting weard... Maybe! I do not think it is a driver issue because this happened with wamp servers installed on my hard disk as well on two of my usb memory pens...

This may sound stupid bt I do not know hwo can I read the text at a BSOD. It goes so quicky I do not have time to read it. Now, after reading your post, I guess there must be a way of freezing it... Can you tell me please.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Here it is my BSOD details:

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

technical info:

STOP:0x000000d1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9e504406)

fwdrv.sys - address 9e504406 base at 9e4f1000, DATESTAMP 3cbaab4f

Could it be from the RAM MODULE. It's a new computer. Maybe I should go and ask them and change the ram. Funny thing though is that I only get this problem with wampservers. No other program generates me BSOD'S?

Thanks in advance

Francis

It seems fwdrv.sys is related to Kerio Firewall. Firewall software might be trying to block your server and perhaps even stopping your system. Check if it knows that you actually want to run Apache and MySQL

Now this is rather off-topic but have you considered trying out Linux instead of Windows XP to host with? I for one tried with XP before and it is slow (As much as 7 times slower with the same machine) compared to a Linux (Ubuntu 9.10 server to be exact).

Linux seems to be far more stable than Windows XP (Especially when it comes to Home.). My computer previously had problems concerning its 3rd RAM slot where it would crash in XP. Linux isn't giving me any problems whatsoever with that 3rd RAM slot.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.