Intranet Database (Wasn't quiet sure whare to post this)

meltingpoint

I have designed a web based database for my work.  It has two main databases that are operated by a flat file system.  It is made to run on the INTRANET.  It has over 60 pages complete with log in system, multilevel users (permission to view, input, edit, delete) an admin panel and database back up.

What the heck would be reasonable to charge for such a database?  It is incredibly useful and others are asking how much it cost's so they can implement it at their work.  It looks as if there are about 5 places so far that want it.  I am an amateur- but it looks good, has been thoroughly tested and runs fine.  In fact, I had created flat file database for work before and it has been running for three years without a problem.  I never did charge for that one.  I have a ton of time into this project.

Any suggestions?

Cheers-

Andy

It is basically a directory for employees, business contacts, emergency contact numbers, important company numbers/contacts etc.  Currently it is being kept on a roladex and printed and placed in two seperate 3-ring binders.  This database brings all that together in one place allowing for instant access to edit contacts in stead of having to submit them to a secretary to update the word document, print it out and send back down stairs for use by others.

Sorry guys.......no offense to the board, but there seems to be a lot of interest in my database from the demographic I had designed it for.  I don't want to divulge too much as it might cut my throat with someone coming out with a similar product -no one here mind you, but I just don't want a full disclosure on the WWW.

That said- I was merely looking for a round about design pricing.

Andy

Sorry guys.......no offense to the board, but there seems to be a lot of interest in my database from the demographic I had designed it for.  I don't want to divulge too much as it might cut my throat with someone coming out with a similar product -no one here mind you, but I just don't want a full disclosure on the WWW.

Probably because there are plenty of client-side versions of this. Just sounds like a giant excel sheet/access database to me.

That said- I was merely looking for a round about design pricing.

Andy

Sounds like your typical HR system, which there are plenty of open source and free versions around. If yours does something beter then good for you, but the idea of using flat files for a database seems very inefficient, and for all but the smallest of businesses, I would not recomend it.

Really though, who are we to put a price on your time. Especially without seeing what the thing does.

honestly I'd setup and use something like SQLite if having a full database isn't an option...

But anyways, I understand your desire for secrecy, but there's no way we can even begin to judge how much your product is worth when you don't show it.  If you can't show us a demo of it, how exactly do you plan on pitching a sale to your potential clients?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.