Logo Not Linking to Home Page

tbalogh

Hi everyone!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to link the logo my website to our home page. My code is below. Could you tell me what I'm missing? When I use just the regular text option, it links just fine. Just not as an image. I'm using Joomla with a Gavick template.

Thank you!

<div id="gk-nav" class="clearfix<?php if( !(GK_LOGIN || GK_REGISTER || GK_TOOLS || $this->countModules('search'))) : ?> top_offset<?php endif; ?>">
  <?php if ($this->getParam('logoType')=='image'): ?>
  <h1 class="logo"><a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $this->sitename(); ?>"><span><?php echo $this->sitename(); ?></span></a></h1>
  <?php else : ?>
  <div class="logo-text">
    <h1><a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $this->sitename(); ?>"><span><?php echo GK_LOGO; ?></span></a></h1>
    <p class="site-slogan"><?php echo GK_SLOGAN;?></p>
  </div>

<?php endif; ?>
  <div id="gk-mainnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php if (($gkmenu = $this->loadMenu())) $gkmenu->genMenu ($this->getParam('startlevel',0), $this->getParam('endlevel',-1)); ?>
    <?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($gkmenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id="gk-subnav" class="clearfix">
      <?php $gkmenu->genMenu(1); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>
  </div>
</div>
<ul class="no-display">
  <li><a href="<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#gk-content" title="<?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?>"><?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?></a></li>
</ul>

MOD EDIT:

. . . 

tags added.

if you mean the logo image in the upper left hand corner, that image is part of the background CSS and as part of the background of an object is not linkable.

the link code is this, which is essentially 'invisible nothing':

<h1 class="logo"><a href="/index.php" title=""><span></span></a></h1>

there are some options including:

1. pull the image out of the background CSS and into the page as an actual image instead of using it as background. (best idea)

2. place a clear rectangular image over the background and link via the clear image.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.