Is there such a thing as overdoing it?

Is there such a thing as overdoing the accolades? I think I have posted about 3 of them.

But what if subsequent to that someone has bent over backwards and gone "over and beyond the call of duty" while exhibiting the patience of a priest?

I just don't want to get cited for overdoing it.

There's nothing wrong with posting a thank you, especially in this particular forum section.

Well pikachu, I have certainly tried to acknowledge the help you and gizmola have give me with mySQL and php and planning for a new web page design. It is appreciated.

As I started with the new design (which primarily involves css), cssfreakie took pity on me. He is a professional developer that lives in the Netherlands. He has spent hours and hours teaching me and helping me with layout, design, colors and specific problems. I've probably spent 50 times  that amount of time because I will try to work it out before I ask him.

We moved to emails because the number is now in the hundreds and I do not want to flood the forum and overstep my welcome.

As such he knows my programs better than I do and when I have a problem can instantly point out the solution. In addition, he constantly monitors my new site suggesting a better layout, design, color or whatever.

I have noticed that he is one of the more frequent "helpers" in the css forum. I don't know where he gets the time. I suspect it won't be long before he gets a promotion.

So many thanks to John. I know there are others (I read them all the time) but the 3 I have mentioned are the only ones I have had any sustained contact with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.