should i buy this

cssfreakie

Hi guys,

I was thinking of buying a very tiny laptop to bring to seminars and work in the train. I want to spend as little as possible and i found this one.

Just for some reading and writing. It has a 10.1" screen and a battery-life of 7 hours.

What do you guys think? http://tinyurl.com/6887nsc

If you know a better one for nearly the same amount, let me know :)

Cheers!

It's a little on the large size for a cell phone . . .

and it misses a dial function :) I just spoke to some dude from their company, and which kinda made not want to buy it. He couldn't explain why both the 3 cell and the 6 cell have the same battery time according to the specifications.

HP isn't bad. I have one of their tablets, so far a year or so in and not a single problem. Dell's have always broken for me and everyone I knew. :/

Thanks mate, i'll have a look at those hp's :)

Yeah it saves me the money too. Instead I just ordered a new battery for my dinosaur laptop, and installed a nifty program called Lalarm. It scared the hell out of me.

In a nutshell, you can arm you laptop, and if someone types in the wrong password, removes the battery, usb-stick, power-cord or anything it will Put the volume to 100% and scare the hell out of you. I recorded my own message, and let it go off. To bad it took me 5 minutes to search for the solution how to un-arm it , while someone was screaming at me ::) It can even send sms messages, destroy specific folders and much more. I really feel Like James Bond now.  ;D

Weird thing is now i am hoping someone will attempt to steal it  and meets the fury of my voice at 140DB :D

wow..your laptop runs without a battery and power-cord? where do I get one of those?

That's classified, I can tell you..

;) James bond style :suicide:

Anyways it works wonderfully with a usb stick which I attach to the table.

But it seems to response to any device that is being unplugged. ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.