Got a Twitt0rrr Idea -> Possible? and Is It Hard to Do?

chaseman

The idea is as follows:

snatch other people's followers,

1. you insert a persons name into the input box

2. choose follow 100 most recent followers

bang and now you're following that person's followers...

I never got into API programming, and I'm just wondering do you guys think this is possible with Twitter's API? Or do you think they probably restricted it?

My second question is, would it be hard to do and would it require a lot of time invested? I'd give this a try in PHP obviously.

Thanks for suggestions.

Thanks, all I wanted to know, I'm going to get into it as my next project, though I it's going to take me more than 10 minutes.

My biggest concern was if it's possible, I thought maybe Twitter has restricted it since a lot of the other Twitter services do not provide this feature.

I think the biggest time consumer would be in researching the Twitter API, but you seem to be half way there at least anyway. As for other services not providing it, perhaps it's not really that desirable. I don't go near Twitter myself, but why would you want to follow 100 or so random people that someone else does?

but why would you want to follow 100 or so random people that someone else does?

I was just about to ask that myself.  For one, 100 people is a lot of people cluttering up your timeline.  And, second, if those people aren't people you find you like, you'll have to manually un-follow them.  It just doesn't seem like a very useful feature.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.