Best Backup Software / Tools

unemployment

Last night one of my css files got corrupt and sure enough, I didn't have a back up.  I was wondering if there are any great back up tools out there that I can install on my linux server or if there was a php script I could use to download all of the files daily. If it matters, I have a mac. 

If you want a true backup, I love CrashPlan. Best thing I did was install it on my server and pay the $5/month fee. Incase anything happens, everything is versioned offsite. I recently had a Corrupt MySQL Table and was able to go back 12 hours and restore the uncorrupted table.

Saved my ass more then once. If you are just looking to have version control, svn / cvs / git / bzr / mercurial are all good. If you want a true backup I would suggest CrashPlan. (And yes it can run on a Linux Headless)

Any good guides on how to install subversion?  I know nothing about this stuff and am looking for an easy walk through.

Or over at Linode.

However, this still doesn't protect against corrupted files on the server, or complete loss of files - especially around the database area. You'd need a backup service to keep yourself protected from that. I like using JungleDisk for my desktop backup, but they do have a server plan.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.