Selecting part or all of an item

u214

Hey guys. Ok, let's say I have this query: "SELECT * FROM playerbans WHERE BannedName = 'something' OR BannedIP = '192.168.0.1'"

How can I make the "BannedIP" be detected all or just part of it? Lets say, "192.168.0" Will still detect that field?

I've only run cursory tests on this, and you'll need to be at least somewhat familiar with subnet masks and bitwise operations to understand what it's doing, but here goes.

$mask = '255.255.255.0';
$address = '192.168.0.1';
$query = "SELECT * FROM playerbans WHERE BannedName = 'something' OR ( INET_ATON('$mask') & INET_ATON(BannedIP) ) = ( INET_ATON('$mask') & INET_ATON('$address') )";

I appreciate both answers and the code posted. Not exactly what I'm looking for. I should've explained my problem more in detail.

Let's say I have this rows:

(BannedName)(IP)                          (Reason)                                (Date)                                      (Admin)

bash1tro.     192.168.0.111       No Reason Give                   June 28, 2011 - 19:41:49     Admin

bash1troo.   192.168                 No Reason Given                 June 28, 2011 - 19:45:08     Admin

bash1tro..   192.168.0.112       No Reason Given                 June 28, 2011 - 19:45:09     Admin

--

As you can see the similarities. The player is still joining the server. Is there a syntax like "strfind" but on that query?

Lets just say you do make a query with finding ip's starting with 192.168 (first 2 positions), don't you think you'll not be allowing too many people in that entire ip range?

Even then sadly if they have a dynamic ip they can always come back, or change their static through their isp.

If this person is that much a pain, just block them via htaccess and that range for a while, until he forgets about you.

as an example

Deny 69.60.114.0 - 69.60.114.255

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.