Image Links from db

Xtremer360

With my custom CMS I'm developing I have a menu structures type module where the admin can create a menu structures for their website. Inside the db is the links table and I'm trying to figure out what I can do if the link has an actual image. I created a field called link_image however I just thought of what if the link is apart of a sprite which would have most of the time 3 parts of the image (active, hover, normal) or whatever or has its own sprite. How should I handle this if I want to store this information in the database.

Ask if the image is a sprite and, if so, whether it's horizontal or vertical. If the former then the sprite is 1/3rd the width of the image, and if the latter then the sprite is 1/3rd the height of the image. Use background-position (or whatever) to move around the image's viewport by that amount.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.