• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:56 AM

What's going on? I just received a PM from someone with a postcount of 1. I thought n00bies couldn't PM?

#2 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

according to the admin permissions that i just checked, they are set to disallow. hrm. i will tell ober to ask thantos.

#3 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

i actually have received a PM from someone with 1 post over the weekend, too.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#4 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

Should be fixed.  I kinda screwed it up or something changed.  The way the fix was supposed to work was that everyone was in a user group and those user groups had their own permissions.  The part that I missed was the fact that no matter what group you're in (unless you're a global mod or admin), you're still a part of the "regular members" group.  That group has PM rights.  Or HAD PM rights.  It works correctly now and I have tested it.

Info: PHP Manual

#5 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

It works correctly now and I have tested it.

excellent. thanks, ober
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users