Need critiques on site and cleavage in video...not a blatant attempt to get view

Yourmusicmuse

Hi,

This is the brother-in law.

I just wanted to come in here and say that we have really poured our heart and soul into this project.

For the last 5 years I have been working in IT and want to get out of the daily grind, dealing with red tape, executive egos, and the corporate politics.

This project is the culmination of our efforts, and we are just looking for some honest opinions.

We are also looking for instructors!

It's pretty nice.  On the index, I would move the SiteLock image up a bit so it's inline with the Sign Up button and Facebook button.  You may want to see how putting the "We Currently Offer..." and "Coming Soon..." groups side-by-side rather than being centered atop one another.  There's just a lot of empty space on either side, so it makes the site look a bit top heavy.

I'm a bit torn on the footer navigation.  I like that the look mirrors the header navigation, but since those links are clearly not top-level in terms of importance, giving them such treatment is confusing.  I keep wondering if some of them should be brought up top (like, say, the FAQ link).  It's something else to play with.  Certainly not bad the way it is, but it's triggering my Spidey Sense.

Page-By-Page -

Quick Tour: Bring the "Everything you need to know about MusicMuse:" image up a bit.  You should probably bring the shadow above it up a bit as well.

Learning: The term "Cores" in the side navigation is a bit confusing as "Fundamentals" is a synonymous term.  Also, "Multiple camera angles" of what?  Video?  Still pictures (since you mention printable music in the item above)?  You should go back and tighten up the language used on this page, as you're making assumptions that the user knows what you're referring to.

Teachers: Bring the teacher listing up a bit (similar to what I suggested on Quick Tour).  Make each row highlight on mouseover, and make each instructor's name a link to their profile as well.

The rest is spot on.  Hell, I may use your forms as examples to other users on how to make them look attractive.

Overall, nice job.  Try playing with some tweaks, but there's nothing fundamental that needs to be addressed.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the site but there is one really important thing missing.... How much?

Related to that is .. How Many?

I may like the look of your videos, but without finding out how much it's going to cost and for how many lessons I'm going to go somewhere else... within a minute.  I'm not going to go looking for it either.  If I don't see it I'm moving on.

I hope it works out for you.

Ian.

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.yourmusicmuse.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified www.yourmusicmuse.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.yourmusicmuse.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

[/size]

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer,[/size]

proceed anyway[/size]

seriously?

Looks like the shared hosting server we had our site on may have been hacked, we are in the process of moving our site to a new server. The malware notice may persist until our site is removed from googles blacklist. What a nigthmare!

I always advise people to avoid shared hosting.  There are plenty of reputable vps vendors like linode that are only marginally more expensive.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.