How to- Branding a Script

dargpat

Here's what I have:

index.php

footer.pgp

function.php

OK ... so I have a function called get_branding() located in the function.php file.

The index.php file will include the footer.php file via include()

The footer.php file will call the function get_branding(); Thus displaying in the footer a copyright notice!

I know I will encode the function.php file later, but how do I write a code where if someone removes get_branding() or removes the footer completely to deactivate the site or produce an overlay stating they weren't auth to remove branding.  (without using zend, ioncube .. etc)

Thanks

Without using any form of obfuscation it's not possible. Anyone who knows anything about php will be able to remove your code within 2 minutes.

Thanks for the advice ... didn't know it was called obfuscation.  So using obfuscation what is the best route to go, so that its also compatiable with all servers ... paid service and free service if possible!

Recently I gave a bad client an ioncube obfuscated code, and the response were a thread for suit or (without saying) a box match … ;)) so … the main thing is not having bad clients and because you can’t understand them all ... have a nice contract in papers …..

You may want to look into Zend Gaurd:

http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

Zend Guard, the most widely accepted PHP encoding and obfuscation product on the market, protects your application from unlicensed use and reverse engineering.

Err... it's $600.00/year, so I guess only look into it if you're making a decent amount of cash from your script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.