14 replies to this topic

#1 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

http://www.leekspin.com/
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#2 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

Three seconds, not counting the second it took to close the tab.

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

lol. unfortunately i think it's kinda catchy. i'm at 19 minutes 30 seconds right now...
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:00 AM

about 15 seconds, but I've seen it before.

Info: PHP Manual

#5 tomfmason

tomfmason
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,696 posts
  • Locationstealing your wifi

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

3-4 seconds max.

That is probably the most annoying thing that I have ever seen..lol I think that I am now a little dumber from haven seen that.

lol

Tom

Traveling East in search of instruction, and West to propagate the knowledge I have had gained.

current projects: pokersource

My Blog | My Pastebin | PHP Validation class | Backtrack linux

#6 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:38 AM

<mr. burns>
  :: drums fingers :: excellent...
</mr. burns>

#7 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:26 PM

Where does that thing come from?

I've seen commericals here in The Netherlands promoting it as a mobile phone download. Is this one of those "it's-a-hype-let's-all-follow-like-sheep" things?  ::)

#8 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

way i understand, the song is a humorous twist to a piece of some opera or song or musical or something in the netherlands or some other place on your side of the ocean.  I'm pretty sure it's netherlands though.

#9 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:11 PM

way i understand, the song is a humorous twist to a piece of some opera or song or musical or something in the netherlands or some other place on your side of the ocean.  I'm pretty sure it's netherlands though.

You're kidding? Well I guess that's another succesful export product (next to xtc, weed and heineken)... ::)

#10 Telemachus

Telemachus
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

HostIP.info Geolocation Plugin in my Firefox says the server is in Scottsdale, Arizona.  ???
I'm close to ten minutes so far, I'm wondering if I want to shoot for the rest of the night.  :D
I may try to help you if I think I can, but remember I am just a n00b!

#11 SharkBait

SharkBait
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMetro Vancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

I actually don't mind it.  It's currently kinda catchy.

#12 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:05 PM

Yea, I'll have to jump on with the possibly quite catchy group on this one. It's not something I'd sit and really listen to (obviously), but it's not like one of those incredibly annoying things that you could have running over and over... besides, I've just had it going barely under 3 minutes so far ;)

It's catchy enough that I've actually given thought to trying to learn the lyrics lol... now that would cool since I could then annoy others whenever I wanted!  :o
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#13 SharkBait

SharkBait
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMetro Vancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:07 PM

Ok I got to 7mins 35 secs and had to close it ;)

#14 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

OK, I shut it off at 23:15. I could have let it go for a bit longer, but I had to do some other things that required sound :P hehe. Honestly, if you get going on something else, it's not that hard to block it out and use it as white noise.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#15 Telemachus

Telemachus
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

Here's one way of keeping track of how long you listen:
Those who don't care for it that much might get some satisfaction out of this:
I may try to help you if I think I can, but remember I am just a n00b!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users