OOP php

Bryce910

I have at least 5 classes in a file called library.php, this contains a few factory and static classes which are used quite often. I have a file called singletons.php which contains about 3 singletons inside that file. So it really depends on your coding style and how you want to have everything organized and structured. How you have it set up won't make your code any more/less object oriented.

That also depends on how your script is set up. I have many library classes in one file that all have functions that can operate independantly.

So once I include the file basically all classes are autoloaded.

include_once( 'library.php' );
form_lib::function( );
user_lib::function( );
date_lib::function( );

Although the very beginning of this page:

http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.autoload.php

It says, "Many developers writing object-oriented applications create one PHP source file per-class definition".

So really it's up to you. You can do things the way many other developers do them. Or you can find a way that perfectly suits you by creating code to handle these types of instances themselves.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.