stop loading in inactive tab

Alicia

Hi,

May I know is there any way I can prevent the content in other inactive tab of a spry tabbed from loading? Currently all my tabs content needs to connect to the database to fetch the data. Most of the users don't really click on the other tabs but I found it is very resource consuming since once the spry tabbed is loaded, all tabs will start to connect to the db and fetch the records even the user doesn't click on the tab.

Or is there any other way I can use the get the same thing? I need feature like tab but it will only load the active tab content. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

ALicia

spry tab is the tab that generated from the dreamweaver.

I have 8 tabs in the page and each of the tab will show different content after getting the content from the database. My problem now is everytime user loads the page, it will run all queries in all tab instead of the first active page. Is there anyway I can stop other queries in other inactive tab from sending to the server unless they click on the tab and it turns to an active one?

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.