Login Problems

wickedXxxxlegox

'Ello everyone.

I am having a problem with my login system. When I try to log in, it says login failed even though I have the correct username and pass. My username is Andrew Baker, and my pass is obviously a secret. Here's the code to checklogin.php:

<?php
// checkLogin.php
require('includes/header.php'); 
session_start(); // Start a new session
require('includes/db_connect.php'); // Holds all of our database connection information

// Get the data passed from the form
$username = $_POST['user'];
$password = $_POST['password'];

// Do some basic sanitizing
$username = stripslashes($username);
$password = stripslashes($password);

$sql = "select * from members where username = '$username' and password = '$password'";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die ( mysql_error() );

$count = 0;

while ($line = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    $count++;
}

if ($count == 1) {
    $_SESSION['loggedIn'] = "true";
    header("Location: home.php"); // This is wherever you want to redirect the user to
} else {
    $_SESSION['loggedIn'] = "false";
    header("Location: loginfailed.php"); // Wherever you want the user to go when they fail the login
}

?>

Thanks! ;):rtfm:

If you need any more info then reply down here vvvvv

How can you possibly say there's no error when you are the one who posted the error to begin with? Here, let me quote it for you, from your very own post:

Well, now I have a problem with my code that is echoing it.

[sNIP]

Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/a1922355/public_html/dbtest.php on line 6

Oh, and trying to get you to read and understand your own code isn't "treating people like crap", it's trying to help you learn how to debug your own code, so you don't need to post every little syntax error you encounter.

He isn't treating you like crap, he was just trying to get you to find you're own error, him telling you the exact problem isn't going to solve anything, you'll end up posting the same question next time.

look at the error close,  Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/a1922355/public_html/dbtest.php on line 6

now, look at you're code.

<?php

include('includes/db_connect.php');

mysql_query('SELECT * FROM members');

echo ("".srow['username'[]);

?>

basically, you're closing ['username'] like ['username'[ which is causing errors for you.  :P

There isn't an error. Stop treating people like crap. It makes me want to leave this site.

LOL..... these guys are helping you voluntarily...

sit back and take there advice with NO grain of salt, that is the only way to succeed, trust me, I know.

sit back and enjoy the ride, trust me, they know what they're talking about :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.