Creating A Simple Mail Box For A Forum

White_Lily

So let me summarize this thread.

Hi,

I have decided i want to be able to create a mail box to attach to my forum so that members can send "emails" to eachother, ive tried searching the internet to no success and was wondering if some people on here could point me in the right direction.

We start with that, we derail a little bit and everyone seems to be getting confused by everyone else. Then, we have the whole read vs not read debacle. Now that that is settled, we're back and square 1 but you're wanting to look past that.

Someone said that instead of sending the PM's to an email address (which is what i thought i would have to do) they said you had to do it by username, which i think i have figured out, so now all i need is to get the the forum itself, and the pm system to determine whether or not a user has read/ not read a topic and/or pm.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.