dev-ria

I would try and debug your query:

$query = mysql_query("

SELECT domain,

COUNT(domain) AS domaincount

FROM domaindata

WHERE email_sent_date = '' 

GROUP BY domain") or trigger_error(mysql_error());

Should tell you if your query is bad etc. See what that says and report back.

ive tried that....when the graph runs first it displays the graph but wont run the query part...and when query runs i get results but not the graph. i'm trying to figure whats prevent it from running everything. there error i get when i run query first is this.

( ! ) Notice: in C:\wamp\www\jpgraph\test.php on line 18

Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0041 685928 {main}( ) ..\test.php:0 2 0.0410 7442184 trigger_error ( ) ..\test.php:18

when graph goes first i get no errors

Edited by dev-ria

yes, because when i remove the graph code i get all my results of the query.....so im 100% both codes are running properly (separated) but they wont run on one page. I think that because the code exits at the end of each run it wont run the next code....so when the graph goes first....it will run and then exit at the end so it wont run the query code

You cannot use an image header on any page you wish to echo text to. That must be done on a different page. When you send something with the header content as an image, then the whole document is treated and interpreted as an image.

PHP's default header content type is 'text/html', that is why you don't have to set it for a regular page.

If we had a clearer understanding of what you are trying to do, we could walk you through it.

ah that makes sense....well what i am trying to do is use the mysql data to create a pie graph. So i am running a query to get the data then putting the data in the $data = array(stuff from query) so that i can display it on the graph. how can i run the query if i cant have anything on this page?

You can have queries in the page, you just can't echo the results. The results must be sent to the image generator.

So, if you want the query in the data variable.

$query = mysql_query("
           SELECT domain,
           COUNT(domain) AS domaincount
           FROM domaindata
           WHERE email_sent_date = ''
           GROUP BY domain");
       while($run = mysql_fetch_array($query))
       {

$data[] = $run['domaincount'];
}

is the date_email_sent really suppose to be blank?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.