Text dropped after whitespace using mysqli_query

emmavt

I am using a mysqli_query to insert text into a VARCHAR field field any any words after the whitespace are dropped when I pull from the database. I modified the field to be TEXT or BLOB and the same thing happens. I am not sure if it the text is being trimmed out when going into the database or coming out. Unfortunately, I cannot see the data in the database besides doing a query  because we do not have anything like myPHP Admin. Any thoughts code below. 

$sql="UPDATE date_tbl SET dt_startDate='$_POST[dt_startDate]', dt_endDate='$_POST[dt_endDate]', dt_headline='$_POST[dt_headline]', dt_text='$my_text', dt_tag='$_POST[dt_tag]', dt_media='$_POST[dt_media]', dt_thumbnail='$_POST[dt_thumbnail]', dt_credit='$_POST[dt_credit]', dt_caption='$_POST[dt_caption]' WHERE dt_id ='$_POST[dt_id]'";

if (!mysqli_query($con,$sql))
  {
  die('Error: ' . mysqli_error());
  }

echo "$my_text"; 
echo "1 record updated";

mysqli_close($con);

I tried the code it was accepted by my editor as correct syntax but then got an error on the back side on the server.

Could it be the table Engine type such as ? Wondering if I need to make sure it is MyISAM.

I may try the code on a diferent server where I can see the backend. 

<?php
$sql = "UPDATE date_tbl SET dt_startDate='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_startDate']))."', dt_endDate='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_endDate']))."', dt_headline='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_headline']))."', dt_text='$my_text', dt_tag='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_tag']))."', dt_media='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_media']))."', dt_thumbnail='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_thumbnail']))."', dt_credit='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_credit']))."', dt_caption='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_caption']))."' WHERE dt_id ='".stripslashes(trim($_POST['dt_id']))."'";
if (!mysqli_query($con, $sql)) {
die('Error: ' . mysqli_error());
}

echo $my_text;
echo "1 record updated";
mysqli_close($con);

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.