Disappearing Thread

Someone asked a question, posted some code. I posted a solution. They replied that my solution did not work so I coppied their code into my IDE, found my typo and an additional bug in their code, moved the working code to a production webserver where they could see it in action and when I was done and tried to post the response the board told me I didn't have permission to reply. Now, when I look for the original thread it is gone. It's not in my content and doesn't show in search. Any ideas what might be up?

Something about dialogues? Does this thread look familiar? That's actually a second thread. The original, first thread got deleted because it was in the wrong forum and OP created that second one (in the right place).

As mentioned in that second thread, the main problem was that the code had a number of = assignments instead of == comparisons. After you posted, Christian F. posted a cleaned-up version of the code, Jessica saw the =s he'd left intact, and Cygna learned what a guru is.

[edit] To those interested and able to view deleted threads, here's the first one.

Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.