i want to create a website but im haveing a really hard time creating it please help

rvca_skateboarding

hey guys, im trying to create a website similar to craigslist and ebay except i dont know much about php, so far i have created a basic website using mostly only css and html and a little bit of javascript. but im having a hard time figuring out how to work with php is there anybody on here that would be interested in working together to build a website with me that could have the potential to make money if it is build right ?

I don't want to put you off and I really do encourage you to continue out learning web design/development BUT - and it's a huge but - trying to create the next ebay/craigslist will be near impossible. It would still be extremely hard if you had a lot of money to sink into it. Doing it will little to no money and hoping to 'make it big' will result in not much.

yeah i totally know what you mean and trust me im not trying to create the next ebay or craigslist cause iknow that would be nearly impossible  but in order to create the website i have in mind i need to be able to have a website with php code like craigslist. i hope that makes sense but thank you for your advise

Well to point you in the right direction.. start looking at how php and html forms interact. Learn how PHP uses POST and GET variables.

From there you can create a simple form which allows the user to fill out the form and then using the file form element you can upload files to your server.

Without getting into databases you could then learn how to list directories with php and then display images in order of created/modified date to achieve what you would like.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.