Help related to Print

santosh22
Go to solution Solved by ginerjm,

Hello,

I have working on a PHP application which would print journals. The user will type in the content (rich editor with formatting) and select the recipients.

Upon submit, my code would need to fetch the address details of the selected recipients from database & use the content typed by the user to print a separate hard copy for each of the selected recipients. 

Till now, I had been working on static printing using JavaScript. This is new to me. Any idea to design the code in order to get the iterative print is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the response .. 

Below is the answer to your queries.

Input I get from the user: Name of the recipients, & the content to be printed. (more than one recipients)

Search in the database: Search the name of the recipients in the user table and fetch the address for each of them.

Journal Output : At the top address of the user followed by the content printed by the user

I use mysql database.

Thanks again 

• Solution

Not familiar with printing using JS.  Have had much success using the FPDF class of php.  Takes a little experimenting to get used to it but works great.  Allows you complete freedom in design an output, so designing your journal output page will be easy, then you simply call your PrintPDF function with a php var containing the addressee and the journal text and you're done.

Of course you will have to actually manually press File,Print at the end of your process, but that's minor.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.