double column

spanner206

hi once again im in need of help what i need is a double column one with a drop down box called type of business and one hidden one with the id, to me it would seem easier to simply code all of the options in html but the options for type of columns has been coded onto the website, i got a code sent over to me but errors are occurring so just wondering if anybody has any ideas.

<td>Type of Business:</td>
<select name="typeofbusiness" id="typeofbusiness">
						<?php 
						$count = count($_SESSION['typeofbusiness']);
						for ($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) {
							if($_SESSION['id'][$i]!=$_SESSION['Id']){
?>
						  <option value="<?php echo $_SESSION['id'][$i];?>" <?php if (isset($_REQUEST['typeofbusiness'])&&$_REQUEST['typeofbusiness']==$_SESSION['id'][$i]) { echo'selected="selected"'; }?>><?php echo $_SESSION['typeofbusiness'][$i];?></option> 
<?php
						 }
						 }
?> 
( ! ) Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in C:\wamp\www\AddLeads\addeadstemplate.php on line 248 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0000 186688 {main}( ) ..\addeadstemplate.php:0

any help will be greatly appreciated. 

yh my boss sent it to me heres the original code all i changed was change the name from agent to typeofbusiness.

<select name="agentIndex" id="agentIndex">
						<?php 
						$count = count($_SESSION['agents']);
						for ($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) {
							if($_SESSION['agentsid'][$i]!=$_SESSION['current_Agent_Id']){
?>
						  <option value="<?php echo $_SESSION['agentsid'][$i];?>" <?php if (isset($_REQUEST['agentIndex'])&&$_REQUEST['agentIndex']==$_SESSION['agentsid'][$i]) { echo'selected="selected"'; }?>><?php echo $_SESSION['agents'][$i];?></option>
<?php 
}

Well thats for listing the agents.

Just renaming the variablesisn't enough. You need to make sure you are setting data to the $_SESSION['typeofbusiness'] variable in order for your code to do anything to it.

What is it you are trying to do with the Type of Business field

Edited by Ch0cu3r

what my boss wants is for there to be 2 different columns one id column which is hidden and one for the values e.g. in type of business there would be something like trade or somet like that he wants this done because the values are already on his websites which have id's so i can just call the the values by there ids but im just getting confused.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.