Please ciritique my site femmes-musulmanes.com

swiss73

Quick hit.

The site name in the header centre is wrong (isn't it?). Should be Femmes-m[b]u[/b]sulmanes like the domain name, shouldn't it? Same with the copyright notice at the bottom of some pages..

I like what you've done with the header images left and right. A couple aren't cropped quite right to fit perfectly in the image.

I find the very small font on the index page is hard to read. Other pages have a different colour main font; other pages have a different size main font.  Warch the consistency.

And why is there such a large empty space at the bottom of some pages?

[quote author=alpine link=topic=116309.msg474078#msg474078 date=1164561441]
I liked it.
I don't understand french though and needless to say it needs more content - but the mix of layout, images and colors attached to the sites feminine approach is attractive to me.
[/quote]

thank you very much

that is exactly what I needed to know :  if the theme and colors used go well with the idea of the site

[quote author=SharkBait link=topic=116309.msg474188#msg474188 date=1164576507]
I like it, seems nice and simple.

I'd move the top navigational links below the header. But that's just me :)

[/quote]

you are truly a shark Bait.

can you imagine how much work it will take me to readjust everything if I want to move the links ?

thank you my friend for your very kind opinion.

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=116309.msg474407#msg474407 date=1164618044]
The website was down for me.

-steve
[/quote]

thanks Steve.
am afraid this is quite surely due to your connection. please provide a traceroute paste and I will study it.

I have an automatic online presence check every 30 minutes from 3 different servers and even when the site goes down for a few minutes, I immediately receive an email alert about it

It worked fine for me now. (it was down for 5 minutes my side anyways) a traceroute can be carried out here:
www.hea.net/cgi-bin/lg.cgi There is a very slow 480ms ping from my side in Ireland.

Anyways - onto your site - Andy covered the points well:
different sized text on your main page and other pages.

There is a blemish in the background where the top banner meets the background. Its only slightly noticeable.

There does seem to be a lot of empty whitespace on your pages - with text in the center and thats it.
OH - it just seems to be my IE6. Your paragraph alignment is different on IE6 compared to opera and firefox.

Also - just an idea:
because there is a slow connection to Ireland here (you may not be worried) but on every page - the 2 header images have to load, and in firefox - this shows up an image loading box. If you put these two images as css (perhaps an inline css piece) - firefox wont show a grey image area waiting to load.

Anyways - its ok. Needs fixing for IE6.
-steve

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=116309.msg475018#msg475018 date=1164711777]

different sized text on your main page and other pages.
[/quote]

thank you. will fix that.
There is a blemish in the background where the top banner meets the background. Its only slightly noticeable.

[/quote]

really ?  I wroked on that and thought I got it fixed.

can you please show me a screen capture after you refresh?

There does seem to be a lot of empty whitespace on your pages - with text in the center and thats it.

[/quote]

yes, I will fix that too.

OH - it just seems to be my IE6. Your paragraph alignment is different on IE6 compared to opera and firefox.

[/quote]

yup, microsoft keeps everyone re-learning how to code every day. I thank God a thousand times microsoft does not also make cars...

if microsoft were a car maker, the brakes and sterring would trade positions alternatively on every second version.

what a wonderful gaty world it would be!

Also - just an idea:
because there is a slow connection to Ireland here (you may not be worried) but on every page - the 2 header images have to load, and in firefox - this shows up an image loading box. If you put these two images as css (perhaps an inline css piece) - firefox wont show a grey image area waiting to load.

[/quote]

you are perfectly right... I did notice this but could not describe it in better words.

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=116309.msg475061#msg475061 date=1164722893]
Here are the appropriate screen grabs (after a ctrl F5) ->
http://kartbuilding.net/misc/femmes/

I could just be finicky -)

-steve
[/quote]

thank you Steve....

I did not find out what you meant by the red curves in the pics you took.....

and I felt sorry for myself that 10 years after graduating from an american university I still do not know what finicky means.

Then I felt OK when I found out wikipedia does not even know what this means. ;)

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=116309.msg475462#msg475462 date=1164769651]
http://dict.die.net/finicky/

Anyways - inside the red brackets - if you look very closely at the backgrounds of the header image and the webpage - there is a small misalignment. Its more noticeable against the grey bar at the top.

Tis grand tho.
-steve
[/quote]

thank you mate,

I tried to get rid of that misalignement but could not.

can you ?

show me da way.

[quote author=txmedic03 link=topic=116309.msg478254#msg478254 date=1165208914]
I like the color scheme and the random images in the header.  The contact page should actually have some way of contacting you and not just a page that says sorry we aren't done yet.
[/quote]

:)

you are right, but I only placed that because an unexpected error was discovered in our contact form.

now it is fixed.

merci merci

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.