PHP show only some column entries MySQL DB

cdmafra
Go to solution Solved by cdmafra,

Hello.

I want to show in my website all entries from a table, but I only want to show some values in one of the DB columns:

Copyright Imagem: <?php echo $row["copyright"]; ?></p>

Whati I want is to show all entries for $row["copyright"], except the ones in what the value is "null". The remaining columns, I want to show all of them.

if ($row['copyright'] <> null)
   echo "Copyright Imagem: " . $row['copyright'] . "</p>";

If that helps.

Nop, returns this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /www/users/m/o/t/motorracingnews/index.php on line 117

My code in line 117:

<p id="data"><?php echo $row["news_date"]; ?>, <?php echo$row["hour"] ;?> GMT<br/>Copyright Imagem: <?php if ($row['copyright'] <> Desconhecido)

echo "Copyright Imagem: " . $row['copyright'] .; ?></p>

I adapted the code snippet to my design, but when I copy-paste exactly it not returns the error, but continues to show "Copyright Imagem", only not shows the $row['copyright']

Edited by cdmafra

FWIW, can I tell you that in my scripts I have only ONE SINGLE php start tag?  No matter how large the script, that is all there ever is. 

What that means is I don't switch in and out of php mode to do simple little things like display a variable in the html.  First I separate the majority of my html from my php logic.  Second  I only mingle them when I'm building things like tables or dropdowns.  This allows me to avoid <? ?> and to make eminently more readable code.

That said, this line needs to change for your benefit:

<p id="data"><?php echo $row["news_date"]; ?>, <?php echo$row["hour"] ;?> GMT<br/>Copyright Imagem: <?php if ($row['copyright'] <> Desconhecido)

FWIW, can I tell you that in my scripts I have only ONE SINGLE php start tag?  No matter how large the script, that is all there ever is. 

What that means is I don't switch in and out of php mode to do simple little things like display a variable in the html.  First I separate the majority of my html from my php logic.  Second  I only mingle them when I'm building things like tables or dropdowns.  This allows me to avoid <? ?> and to make eminently more readable code.

That said, this line needs to change for your benefit:

I understood... so:

<?php "<p id='data'>"echo .$row['news_date'].$row['hour']. " GTM<br/>" if ($row['copyright'] <> null) echo "Copyright Imagem: " . $row['copyright'] .; "</p>"?>

Not at all.

Something was wrong with my previous post - the corrected code didn't make it to the post

New code should be:

<p id="data">$news_date, $hour GMT<br/>$copyright</p>

where the php vars are assigned earlier in the code.  Also - this line needs to be echo'ed or included as part of a heredocs block.

Edited by ginerjm

Not at all.

Something was wrong with my previous post - the corrected code didn't make it to the post

New code should be:

<p id="data">$news_date, $hour GMT<br/>$copyright</p>

where the php vars are assigned earlier in the code.  Also - this line needs to be echo'ed or included as part of a heredocs block.

So if I understood, I need to define that variables ($news_date, etc.) previously, echoeing the values that I want?

It will help you make a cleaner line of code that may solve your error message and your desire to print/not print the copyright data

Thank you.

Now returns me the error: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in /www/users/m/o/t/motorracingnews/index.php on line 117"

<?php
$news_date= echo $row['news_date'];
$hour= echo $row['hour'] "GMT";
$copyright= if ($row['copyright'] <> Desconhecido) echo "Copyright Imagem: " . $row['copyright'] .
?>
<p id="data"><?php $news_date $hour $copyright?></p>

That's because you don't know anything about writing php code.

Sorry - can't help you if you can't follow my lead

I know, otherwise it would be impossible to build a PHP-based website as I did. I am just not understanding you...

Edited by cdmafra

I am positive that you did NOT "build a php website" as you said.  "Building" implies that you wrote it.  Judging by the last post you made showing your coding of my proposed solution tells me you don't have a clue.

Edited by ginerjm

• Solution

I am positive that you did NOT "build a php website" as you said.  "Building" implies that you wrote it.  Judging by the last post you made showing your coding of my proposed solution tells me you don't have a clue.

I usually take a long time to understand somethings in areas as PHP or Matemathics. Meanwhile, I saw one thing wrong in your first code snippet integrated with my existing code, and so in that way this works. The period for concatenation after .$row['copyright'] was wrong...

echo "Copyright Imagem: " . $row['copyright'] ; ?></p>
Edited by cdmafra

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.