Odd PHP Jquery problem, not so much erroring...

2FMRaines

This one has been haunting me so I'm asking for some help. Here we go

PHP file runs perfectly when directly accessed.

When this said file is loaded into a JQuery dialog it doesn't do anything, although the access URL is exactly the same as when I direct access the file. When I delete the code out and put something simple like 'test' inside the PHP file the dialog shows it perfectly (I have about 30-40 different PHP files that load into JQuery dialogs just fine, so not the issue). No errors are showing either.

Another thing to take into consideration, all of this runs perfectly when running on my local server but when on a live server the above happens.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and where to start. I've pulled code pieces out piece by piece and can't find if there is a problem somewhere that I am not seeing.

Ok thanks for the advice, I have spent hours upon hours going through the files. Sorry, can't post up code, employer wouldn't be happy to say the least. I figured it out, the server has some kind of strange settings (considering two other servers I have tested it in worked perfectly), it wasn't pass on the timezone settings from PHP into the JQuery Dialog box. So the file was dumping out and for some reason the error wouldn't show up. Plus I don't have access to most of the server, but did find out it was running PHP in safe mode and when I was telling PHP to throw the errors to me it wasn't until I took PHP out of safe mode...never ran into this one before.

Edited by 2FMRaines

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.