$array = explode(' ', $text);

for($i = 0; $i < count($array, COUNT_RECURSIVE); $i++){
		$output = substr($array[$i], strpos($array[$i], "=") + 1);
		echo $output, '<br>';
	}
}
func("arg1=Test1 arg2=test1 arg3=test3");

?>

So this code obviously outputs test1, test2 and test3, which i want it to.

Now how do i get the arg's as well? 

This is what i want to do:

if(exists('arg1' || 'arg2' || 'arg3') {
	echo "args exists";
} else {
	echo "args don't exist";
}

Hope you understand, thanks!  :happy-04:

Edited by robkar32

Now how do i get the arg's as well? 

You could use explode() again.

<?php

function func($text) {
    $array = explode(' ', $text);
    foreach($array as $currArg){
        $currArg = explode('=', $currArg);
        print '<pre>' . print_r($currArg, true) . '</pre>';
    }
}
func("arg1=Test1 arg2=test1 arg3=test3");

?>

Despite the previous concerns about why you are using this strange data format, if you simply stop using the substr function on the input you will get the arg values as well. Of course that is too easy so you muat want something else, but you didn't make that clear in your question.

Despite the previous concerns about why you are using this strange data format, if you simply stop using the substr function on the input you will get the arg values as well. Of course that is too easy so you muat want something else, but you didn't make that clear in your question.

Yes. I just want to split up the arg values, and the values assigned to them, or the "test" values in different arrays and know where they are. Only thought of a way to get the values, and not the args. Yeah, i'm pretty new to this, and by the way i am not using this code for something big that i even need to worry about the data format.

Edited by robkar32

With a proper data format, this would be a 30-seconds job and not take 6 hours (and counting). So maybe you should care about your decisions.

If you're interested in learning PHP, I'm sure we can figure out a more reasonable approach after you've described the actual problem (where does the data come from etc.).

Yes. I just want to split up the arg values, and the values assigned to them, or the "test" values in different arrays and know where they are. Only thought of a way to get the values, and not the args. Yeah, i'm pretty new to this, and by the way i am not using this code for something big that i even need to worry about the data format.

If you haven't already, you could try Reply #3:happy-04:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.