application looks blur and unclickable after editing a php file

aterad

Hello All,

Having edited one of php files in a php based open source software, the entire software becomes blur and unclickable.

Please what can be done to make it clickable after editing.

Below is the codes as attached

Thanks

</div>
	</div>

<div id="footer">
		<div class="jumbotron push-spaces">
			<strong><?php echo $this->lang->line('common_you_are_using_ospos'); ?>
  			<?php echo $this->config->item('application_version'); ?> - <?php echo substr('$Id: 4f5ad5761503bbc94152cbf16afa76439ca155b8 $', 5, 7); ?></strong>.
			<?php echo $this->lang->line('common_please_visit_my'); ?>
			<a href="https://github.com/jekkos/opensourcepos" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->lang->line('common_website'); ?></a>
			<?php echo $this->lang->line('common_learn_about_project'); ?>
		</div>
	</div>
</body>
</html>

footer.php

@requinix,

thanks for your response and sorry for my belated reply.

as regard the questions you asked if am allowed to change it. YES, i am allowed to change it, its an open source software without any restriction to code tweaking.

what i changed was this line <a href="https://github.com/jekkos/opensourcepos" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->lang->line('common_website'); ?></a>

Thus when it is changed to another link and the entire code is loaded, it then becomes blur and unclickeable.

Please help out.

Thanks

@requinix,

this is what i changed.

</div>
	</div>

<div id="footer">
		<?php echo "You are using ERAD POS"; ?>
		<?php echo $this->config->item('application_version'); ?>.
		<?php echo $this->lang->line('common_please_visit_my'); ?>
		<a href="http://eradte.com" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->lang->line('common_website'); ?></a>
		<?php echo $this->lang->line('common_learn_about_project'); ?>
	</div>
</body>
</html>

thanks.

Your attempted modifications violate the license.

Open Source Point of Sale is licensed under MIT terms with an important addition:

The footer signature "You are using Open Source Point Of Sale" with version, hash and link to the original distribution of the code MUST BE RETAINED, MUST BE VISIBLE IN EVERY PAGE and CANNOT BE MODIFIED.

Also worth noting:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

For more details please read the file LICENSE.

It's important to understand that althought you are free to use the software the copyright stays and the license agreement applies in all cases. Therefore any actions like:

Removing LICENSE and any license files is prohibited

Authoring the footer notice replacing it with your own or even worse claiming the copyright is absolutely prohibited

Claiming full ownership of the code is prohibited

In short you are free to use the software but you cannot claim any property on it.

Any person or company found breaching the license agreement will be chased up.

Archived