Sign in to follow this  
kon

Problem in changing the avatar image

Hello,

Nice to see you again . I am trying to change my profile image but I am getting "member_profile_disabled" 

I have tried both png and jpg so what is the issue here ? 

Yes Jacques1  anyone should know that , but since you stated that I can change it after a while its ok for me... 

"After a while" means 10 posts.

So after 10 posts I can change my avatar? I too was having problems doing that, now I know why :D

conoroco: The point of this exercise is not that you spam the forum until you have 10 posts.

conoroco: The point of this exercise is not that you spam the forum until you have 10 posts.

Avatars are spam? I can see where signatures could be spam, but I don't get how avatars are spam.

a) this is not about you, and b) I said that spamming the forum with me-too posts for the purpose of getting an avatar will not be accepted. This should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.

Maybe all the time and energy spent on the avatar discussion would be more useful for actual forum posts. Especially since those who are most eager to getting their avatar tend to leave the forum soon afterwards (see all previous threads).

Let's not forget this is a programming forum, not Facebook. The main purpose are technical discussions.

a) this is not about you, and b) I said that spamming the forum with me-too posts for the purpose of getting an avatar will not be accepted. This should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.

Maybe all the time and energy spent on the avatar discussion would be more useful for actual forum posts. Especially since those who are most eager to getting their avatar tend to leave the forum soon afterwards (see all previous threads).

Let's not forget this is a programming forum, not Facebook. The main purpose are technical discussions.

I understand. On an unrelated note, who's the guy in your avatar? It looks so familiar, I'm sure I've seen the photo somewhere else. I think it was a guy who robbed a place and disappeared from a plane...? I could be wrong though.