Many Thanks and Happy Xmas!!

Round

Yeah Merry Christmas!!!

Dunno why, but I feel all Christmassy this year for once. But I wont be if Father Christmas nicks all my mince pies and Jack Daniels again.

[b]edit[/b]: that reminds me, whilst i'm in the spirit - here's a random fact. In the UK, it is ILLEGAL to eat a mince pie on Christmas Day. Fact.

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=118718.msg485436#msg485436 date=1166194175]
Why? What is so special about that? (I probably miss the point since I don't know what a mince pie is)
[/quote]
not a clue. Something to do with Oliver Cromwell, I believe.

a mince pie is like an apple pie, only stuffed with mincemeat instead. This is a mince pie:

[img]http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Events/December/MincePies.jpg[/img]

I love wierd an wonderful facts like that.

I did a tiny bit of research and the law is referring to the other kind of mince meat, eg. beef.
the reason why we now reffer to the fruity kind of pies as mince pies is because apparently they were designed to get around the law.

either way they certainly dont taste as good.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.