ajetrumpet

detecting mobile device and screen size

hey guys,

I'm going to write another site in PHP/MYSQL and I'm pretty sure people will be looking at it while on the go.  I searched for the topic here via this:  https://forums.phpfreaks.com/search/?q=detecting%20mobile%20device

Do any of you experts remember any of those threads?  At the moment I don't have time to search them by 1 at a time and scan the posts.  can anyone point me to some good online resources that can give me some insight on how professional developers write code to detect a mobile device’s page request, and then determine its screen size so the data can be displayed in a presentable manner?  I'm assuming it's out there.   thanks!

Current standards are to create responsive websites using CSS media queries. Don't detect the user agent, don't detect mobile or desktop. No Javascript. You should be able to open the site on your desktop browser, shrink the window, and see the mobile experience.

• Like 1

thank you very much, requinix!  I will look into this when I get back to it.  I got sidetracked, which is why I'm so late getting back to you about your response to me.