FPDF prints envelopes backwards

ginerjm

Have used FPDF many times for normal letter-sized printing but I am now having an issue with a #10 Envelope. While the printer tells you to insert envelopes a certain way and that's what I have done, for some reason FPDF won't print them the way the envelope is oriented but rather prints them upside down. To solve this I would have to remember to turn my envelopes around every time I used this application and I'm trying to avoid that.

Has anyone figured out a work-around for this problem?

I print envelopes all the time for other reasons and my printer has 2 trays with one of them setup and dedicated to envelopes.  Having to remember to rotate them for one app's usage is a pia as you might imagine.

I"m hoping that someone has seen this problem before.

Edited by ginerjm

With FPDF the page that the final pdf appears on (before printing) has a rotate option but it doesn't change how the printer prints in any way.  Weird.

I've added a JS alert to my submit button so that when I click on 'Make PDF' I remind the user (me) to rotate the envelopes.  At least I won't waste them.

Edited by ginerjm

Could change the code to render the envelope backwards?

Are you trying to create a page the size of the envelope or just a normal page with envelope details printed in a specific place?

Does anything change if you save the pdf to a file and then print it with adobe reader rather than from the browser?

I tell FPDF that it is a letter and I space my text down a few lines and center it across the page.  Then when I send the pdf to print I reset the paper to an envelope.  Works great except for being backwards, ie, the envelope needs to be rotated away from the normal position in a the paper tray.

I did try saving the pdf and then using Adobe to print it but for some reason it doesn't hold the same font size and prints at about 8pt size.  No idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.