Wordpress cross-plugin refering

vortegast
Go to solution Solved by gizmola,

Hey.
I have no knowledge of PHP, but am trying to add some features to my Woocommerce website by fiddling with the .php files.
What I’m trying to accomplish is catching a ‘shop-orders’ variable from one plugin, which adds delivery time and date, and giving it to another plugin, which sends the order data to an email address.

Plugin 1

/**
     * Display service details in Order Receipt from order meta
     * @author FoodStore
     * @since 1.1
     * @return void
     */
    public function receipt_services_meta( $order ) {

if( ! apply_filters( 'wfs_receipt_show_services', true ) ) 
            return;

$order_id       = version_compare( WC_VERSION, '3.0.0', '<' ) ? $order->id : $order->get_id();
        $service_type   = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_wfs_service_type', true );
        $service_date   = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_wfs_service_date', true );
        $service_time   = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_wfs_service_time', true );

$date_format    = get_option('date_format');

echo '<tr>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . __( 'Service Type:', 'food-store' ) .'</strong></td>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . wfs_get_service_label( $service_type ) .'</strong></td>';
        echo '</tr>';
        echo '<tr>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . __( 'Date:', 'food-store') . '</strong></td>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . date_i18n( $date_format, strtotime( $service_date ) ) . '</strong></td>';
        echo '</tr>';
        echo '<tr>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . __( 'Time:', 'food-store' ) . '</strong></td>';
        echo '<td><strong>' . $service_time . '</strong></td>';
        echo '</tr>';
    }

Plugin 2

function convert_template() {

$defaults = array(
      'show_sku'      => false,
      'show_image'    => false,
      'image_size'    => array( 32, 32 ),
      'plain_text'    => true,
      'sent_to_admin' => false,
    );

//	$this->placeholders['{woocommerce_email_order_meta}']    = $this->woocommerce_email_order_meta();
			$this->placeholders['{order_billing_name}']    = $this->object->get_billing_first_name() . ' ' . $this->object->get_billing_last_name();
			$this->placeholders['{email_order_items_table}']    = wc_get_email_order_items( $this->object , $defaults );
			$this->placeholders['{email_order_total_footer}']    = $this->email_order_total_footer();
			$this->placeholders['{order_billing_email}']    = $this->object->get_billing_email();
			$this->placeholders['{order_billing_phone}']    = $this->object->get_billing_phone();
			$this->placeholders['{email_addresses}']    = $this->get_email_addresses();
			$this->placeholders['{site_title}']    = get_bloginfo('name');
			$this->placeholders['{order_shipping_address_1}'] = $this->object->shipping_address_1;
			$this->placeholders['{order_shipping_city}'] = $this->object->shipping_city;
			$this->placeholders['{order_shipping_state}'] = WC()->countries->states[$this->object->billing_country][$this->object->billing_state];
 			$this->placeholders['{order_shipping_postcode}'] = $this->object->shipping_postcode;
 			$this->placeholders['{order_shipping_country}'] = WC()->countries->countries[ $this->object->get_shipping_country() ];
			// For old woocommerce use find and replace methods
			foreach ( $this->placeholders as $find => $replace ) {
				$this->find[]    = $find;
				$this->replace[] = $replace;
			}

$this->placeholders = apply_filters( 'wcemails_find_placeholders', $this->placeholders, $this->object );

// Legacy filters
			$this->find      = apply_filters( 'wcemails_find_placeholders', $this->find, $this->object );
			$this->replace   = apply_filters( 'wcemails_replace_placeholders', $this->replace, $this->object );

}

I would like $service_time to be one of the placeholders in plugin 2.
What I’ve tried is this:

$this->placeholders[’{order_service_time}’] = receipt_services_meta( $service_time );

This failed.
I was hoping any one of you could quickly help me out here, since this may be just a 5 second job for someone who knows what they’re doing.

Thanks in advance!

receipt_services_meta() is intended to display some HTML table of data. If you just want one value out of it, without a table, then you can't actually use the function.

But you can look at the function and mirror how parts of it work. Specifically, the bits that involve the $service_time.

$service_time is defined as

$service_time   = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_wfs_service_time', true );

so the first question is: how do you get $order_id?

That came from

$order_id       = version_compare( WC_VERSION, '3.0.0', '<' ) ? $order->id : $order->get_id();

so next is: how do you get $order? Because that was provided to the receipt_services_meta() function by something else.

If you're lucky, the $order from the first plugin may be the same as the $this->object from the second plugin. I'm skeptical, but without knowing more you might as well try it out.

$order_id = version_compare( WC_VERSION, '3.0.0', '<' ) ? $this->object->id : $this->object->get_id();
$service_time = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_wfs_service_time', true );

• Thanks 1

It's been a while since I've dealt with WooCommerce and even in my current job my interaction with WP core has been limited so ymmv, but given you're talking about WordPress plugins I assume the global $post variable is available. If I remember correctly (and a quick SO search didn't lead my brain astray) you should be able to add `$order = new WC_Order($post->id);` before the code requinix suggested if you get an error with just that code alone. WordPress relies heavily on global variables and this unfortunately makes debugging difficult at times...

• Thanks 1

• Solution

My educated guess is that requinix is right.   I also think the code snippets reflect that the order object should be available in plugin2 via $this->object.

So I would suggest you try adding this code to plugin2

$this->placeholders['{order_service_time}'] = get_post_meta( $this->object->get_id(), '_wfs_service_time', true);
  • Thanks 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.