What do you think of my website?

podja

Very clean. I like that. However, it's almost too simple in some areas. As a web design firm, I'd like to see more examples of your work: and not just in your portfolio, either. I look through your site waiting to see little pieces of creativity placed here and there, but I'm simply presented with information. This is not necessarily a bad thing overall, but I tend to think that a [i]design[/i] site should "show-off" a bit more of the work that can be accomplished. Your site should be the best reflection of your work.

One other thought: on your hosting packages page, I'd recommend putting the price of each package into your grid along with all the specs. That would be a little more along the lines of what you see most places.

Also, while your CSS validates, you have several warnings, but the most important thing: [b]your markup does not validate!!![/b] You've [b]got[/b] to clean up the little things in your markup. It's the little things like that that cause one web firm to stand out from another.

Hope this helps! ;)

Ah cheers! Like I said, its still under development. I will take what you said into consideration.

Is it the CSS that doesnt validate, because when I checked it, it did. It was just the doc type that didnt validate, and i'm not to sure how to fix it.

[quote author=podja link=topic=119625.msg490177#msg490177 date=1166796331]
Is it the CSS that doesnt validate, because when I checked it, it did. It was just the doc type that didnt validate, and i'm not to sure how to fix it.
[/quote]

No, your CSS is fine. There are a few warnings, but overall it passes. It's your markup that doesn't.

CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpodja.co.uk%2F

HTML: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpodja.co.uk%2F

Follow up with what they suggest in there, and you should be on your way to validation.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello!

I agree that your site is real clean. I'm a fan of clean. I also like how you don't use any harsh text and instead, you use grey. One suggestion I have though is to use different colors/style for your hyperlinks so they stand out amidst all the rest of the text...

And although your quote graphics are very cute, in addition to that, it might be helpful to introduce some color into the quote. Maybe you could make the color match the quote graphics? Or use bold/different size... just something. For example, on the homepage, "Our main aim is to offer our customer a good quality service in website design and development." should stand out more than "Who are PODJA Web Solutions?" Consider moving the quoted statement to the top.

Your header graphic is attractive, but "PODJA" is difficult to read due to lack of contrast on the black pencil (I think it's a pencil). Consider a heavier font in the graphic, or a different color.

In terms of messaging, I would introduce teasers or snippets of your Special Offers on the homepage in a smaller column to the right. It'll get the users to click onto your other pages. People always love a good deal.

Good luck!

The leyout is excellent very clean design. All the links are placed neatly up top no text clogging (2 thumbs up there :D). Like said above you would really need some more self made pictures just so when people visit your site they know you mean business and that you are very good at what you do :)

Well, you have a nice colorful banner, and the rest of the site has not color and lots of empty white space. You definitely need to implement some graphics and style to the rest of the page. Any web design company needs to showcase a little more design and creativity. I'd remove that news page and possibly add a little section on the main page for news. Especially when you have not news, the page is useless and a distraction. What is the point in the forum?

[quote author=chiprivers link=topic=119625.msg509123#msg509123 date=1169294010]
I have only had a quick look at the one thing I noticed that could do with updating is your header - the image looks great but where you have set it as a background image, if the person viewing the site has a widescreen (like me) it repeats itself to fill up the space.
[/quote]

Even on just 1024x768 (which I think is a pretty common resolution) the header is repeating.

header isn't repeating for me at 1440x900

I agree with making the font of the header a bit more weighty. It kinda hides among the colours.

And I do think the site needs a bit more colour as well as perhaps more graphics too since you want to show off your skills/abilities to your clients etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.